Monday, June 19, 2006

The First Lecture: Shenyang CLIC part 1.5

5/6 1552
This morning 0830 we went to a meeting room to listen to a talk by a business school professor. I walked downstairs like dead people coz I felt so sleepy…
There was originally a title for the talk but he soon changed the topic by asking what we want to know. At some pt of the talk one of us ask the professor’s opinion toward 4thJune1989 democracy movement. There was a moment of embarrassment, but he soon said people in China have found that their government is becoming more and more open-minded. And he then talked about Beijing’s response about 胡耀邦’s death anniversary and used it as an example. He said people are feeling the pressure being removed slowly.
Well in fact I found that the professor didn’t answer the question directly. So I guess what he said is right, but people are still afraid of talking 4th June publicly. This is the answer I expected so I don’t have a strong feeling to this. The question is whether Beijing ‘d continue to give more freedom of speech to its people.

PS I original want to post this when I was in the host family but I ‘m afraid the word “4th June” will affect my host’s living, I don’t know. So I decided to post this when I come back to HK. Enjoy the freedom~~

0 Comments: